Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of use
These are our terms and conditions for use of StandpointOnline, which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, PDA, mobile phone and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the network, on whatever device. In these terms and conditions, when we say StandpointOnline, we mean the website www.standpointmag.co.uk, regardless of how you access it. By using the website, you are deemed to have accepted these conditions. Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
1. Use of material appearing on StandpointOnline For the purposes of this agreement, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on StandpointOnline, whether copyright of Standpoint magazine or a third party. You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on StandpointOnline. You must not reproduce any part of StandpointOnline or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
2. Disclaimer of liabilityTo the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on StandpointOnline without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).You can access other sites via links from StandpointOnline. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.We give no warranties of any kind concerning StandpointOnline or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that StandpointOnline or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
3. Third party material on StandpointOnline You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on StandpointOnline. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
4. Submitting text for publicationUsers of our site may submit material for publication in the form of user comments on any article. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. If you want to submit material to us for publication on StandpointOnline, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
(i) publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text prior to publication, or to refuse publication
(ii) you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format
(iii) you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is not in breach of copyright law or any other relevant rights.
(iv) you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal (v) you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
(vi) we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way .You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines if you choose to post any content or comments to the site.
5. Data protectionPlease see our privacy section for details of how personal data may be processed.
6. Variations These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted in section 12 below.
7. Force majeure Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to StandpointOnline, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
8. Governing law & jurisdictionThis agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.