'While between 1895 and 1945 the German debate over how to be modern resulted in a global killing-field, a group of artists in Worpswede set down their visions for a 20th century of artistic sensibility and material living'
Like this article? Share, save or print using the icons below
- The Artistic Legacy of the Great War
- The Odd Couple who Presided over Disaster
- Why We Need a British Bill of Rights
- Eliot versus Hardy
- A Vintage Year for Acting
- A Tragic Loss of Artistic Talent
- Grapes of Mourning
- Worlds Apart
- Is There a New Cold War with Russia?
- Court Short-sighted
- In a Dangerous World, the West Needs Leaders
- Bin Laden is Dead — So Why Don’t We Rejoice?
- Portrait of a Railway Child
- The "F" Word
- Getting On
- Beware the Obama Machine
- RIP USA?
- Do the Times Require a Conyers Middleton?
- Model Justice
- The Art of the Well-made Play
Popular Standpoint topics