Every day of this year's triennial week-long Catholic festival in Madrid, Anna Halpine reports from the world's largest gathering of young people.
Madrid has the feel of one large, international party. The streets of Ma
Like this article? Share, save or print using the icons below
- Civil Society
- May Issue Out Now
- Hope Is Where The Heart Is
- A Passion for Bach
- Warning to the US: Don't Play by Islamic Rules
- Skin-Deep Storytelling
- Action on Addiction
- Tales of Love and Loss
- The Tide Turns in East Sussex
- Is the West Worth Saving?
- Mixed Media, Mixed Results
- Pevsner's Monument
- An Islamist Winter?
- A Budget For Growth — But Not Yet Bold Enough
- At the Heart of the Big Society
- New York: A ‘Post-racial’ American vs an Old Coot
- The Dying of the Light
- The Red Roots of Folk Music
- Capital in the 19th Century
- A Cure for our National Amnesia
Popular Standpoint topics