And so Pakistan's descent into chaos continues to gather pace this morning with the news that another opponent of the country's blasphemy laws has been assassinated. Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for religious minor
The Governor of Punjab, Salman Taseer, was assassinated earlier today for supporting reforms to Pakistan's arcane blasphemy laws. It is the most high profile and significant political assassination since former
- Belonging with Britain
- Truth, Freedom and Fear
- 'Yes, Minister' Got It All Wrong
- Plus ça change
- Hayek, the Market, and the Good Life: An Exchange
- Kneejerk Responses
- A Free Press Means to Publish and be Damned
- Is The West's Loss Of Faith Terminal?
- The Great Tradition
- Midfield Virtuoso Finds His Perfect Pitch
- Hunting the Lynx with the Old Believers
- Slaves of the Bonus Culture
- Sea View
- Tintin and the Cold War
- An American in Fulham
- Would You Mind Turning It Down?
- Siberia: In Search of the Gulag
- Decline and Fall of the History Men
- History's Greatest Ponzi Scheme
- Arab Spring, Islamist Summer — What Next?