And so Pakistan's descent into chaos continues to gather pace this morning with the news that another opponent of the country's blasphemy laws has been assassinated. Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for religious minor
The Governor of Punjab, Salman Taseer, was assassinated earlier today for supporting reforms to Pakistan's arcane blasphemy laws. It is the most high profile and significant political assassination since former
- Goal-hangers and Glory-hunters
- For the Sake of Auld Lang Syne?
- Regenerate Art
- Time For An NHS Mark II
- Mixed Media, Mixed Results
- Deep Thought Over Computers
- Pristina: Kosovo's Liberal Islam
- A Personal Story of Memory and Survival
- Confessions of a Bourgeois Comrade
- Ditch the Life Jackets
- Musical Magpies
- Keeping The Lights On: the Politics of Cheap Energy
- The Isles are Full of Big Noises
- Is Capitalism Morally Bankrupt?
- We Cannot Avoid The Battle Over Blasphemy
- Why Is 'Fifty Shades of Grey' the New Normal?
- Pinter's Paradise
- Presidential Privacy
- Presidential Imperialism
- Strange Gods and the Old Devils