And so Pakistan's descent into chaos continues to gather pace this morning with the news that another opponent of the country's blasphemy laws has been assassinated. Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for religious minor
One of Pakistan's best known TV personalities has recently been embroiled in a major national scandal involving the Pakistani Taliban and a kidnapped British journalist. My piece on this for
- The US Can Still Help Save Syria — and Iraq
- Artistic Suffering
- Must Adoption be Such an Ordeal?
- Russian Renaissance
- Do We Speak the Same Language as God?
- Underrated: Tycho Brahe
- Exit Right the Last Reithian
- From Baubles to Babel
- On the Hunt for Cheap Thrills
- What Would Escoffier Say?
- The Road to Death On Demand
- The Birth of the Affluent Society
- Lessons From History
- Taxing Times
- Teaching China's Anglophiles
- The Wise Orientalist and the Flying Dutchman
- Educating Pakistan
- A Profligate President
- Almost Joined-Up Thinking
- A Perfect Storm