And so Pakistan's descent into chaos continues to gather pace this morning with the news that another opponent of the country's blasphemy laws has been assassinated. Shahbaz Bhatti, minister for religious minor
One of Pakistan's best known TV personalities has recently been embroiled in a major national scandal involving the Pakistani Taliban and a kidnapped British journalist. My piece on this for
- The Aesthetes: When Kitsch Was Avant-Garde
- South Africa: The ANC'S Health Lesson for Obama
- Deadly Silence
- Is the Internet a Tool of Tyranny?
- A New Golden Age? Let Art Imitate Sport
- When Losing Gets Too Much
- Musical Theatre Is A Matter Of Taste
- Judt's Judgment
- Cage Fighting
- Don’t Blame the Neurons
- Chaotic Legacy of the Classroom Radicals
- The Art of Bad Habits
- Conference Charades
- Overrated: John Major
- Overrated: Jacqueline Rose
- What Should We Do About Russia?
- Herod the Terrible or Herod the Great?
- Dazed and Confused
- Londoners are Leaving
- McGuinness Time Out