These images are selected from a portfolio of grandmaster chess portraits that I have created over the past six years. Most of the grandmasters are friends and colleagues — as well as being an official artist on the chess circui
"Every time I paint a portrait I lose a friend," said John Singer Sargent. There were nearly 2,200 entries for this year's BP Portrait Award which equates to a lot of friendships broken. The annual exhibition at the Nati
Jenny Saville's fascination with human flesh started as an art student when she was awarded a scholarship to attend Cincinnati University. Once there she became an habitué of the shopping malls of Ohio because that was "wher
- Is God on Our Side? Morality in World War Two
- Seductive Pursuits
- Privileged Outsider
- Benedict XVI and the Future of the West
- Republicans Must Avoid Civil War
- Taking Liberties
- Could You Eat A Horse?
- The Test of Character
- Not a Clash of Civilisations
- You're So Thin — So How Can You Feel Fat?
- The Art of Being English
- Satanic Masters
- ONLINE ONLY: The Great Divide
- Israel's Not So Empty Threats
- Sell-Out Show at Tate Modern
- Garbage In, Garbage Out
- Empty Gestures
- Where are the New Statesmen?
- The Wise Orientalist and the Flying Dutchman
- Bush V. the Appeasers