Launched this week, The Commentator aims to serve as a platform for "discussion about domestic and international affairs from a perspective that supports freedom, democracy and the open society," which will draw "on a large network of analysts, journalists, and politicians in the United States, Britain, continental Europe and beyond." As Robin Shepherd says: "The Commentator aspires to be a formidable force in the battle of ideas."
More information about the site and its aims can be found here.
The Point is Standpoint's staff blog.
- No need to pander to the Bear, Mr Obama
- Standpoint Recommends: The Tacitus Lecture 2012
- Goodbye, Vienna
- Friends Indeed — Daniel Johnson on Gertrude Himmelfarb
- New Culture Forum Lecture: Jeremy Hunt
- Kangaroo Courts Arrive Down Under
- The BBC's painful novelties
- Money can't buy you love - Nichi Hodgson
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Four
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Three
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Two
- World Youth Day Diary: Day One
- Breivik and Anti-Muslim Bigotry
- Who'd be a TLA?
- Daniel Johnson on Elena Bonner
- In praise of the essay
- Told You So
- Analysis: Al-Qaeda After Bin Laden