A new biography of the American novelist presents a comic genius who never claimed to be exemplary
A compelling novel which echoes Madame Bovary in its depiction of unsatisfying marriage
Henry Moore: Back to a Land celebrates the artist’s devotion to nature’s shape and form
Scottish nationalism has destroyed civility north of the border, putting journalists in the firing line
A superb new film vividly portrays the use and abuse of scripture by slavers to justify their evil acts
Mark Strong gives an award-worthy performance as a Hercules brought low in A View from the Bridge
A startling new Hungarian grand is a postmodern marvel that would have delighted Liszt himself
Standpoint's arts and culture section
- The Philosopher and His Scholar
- In Credit from the Crunch
- Travels After His Aunt
- Musical Theatre Is A Matter Of Taste
- Palestine's Tragedy
- Royal Age Concern
- The Fifth Republic’s Darkest Days?
- Academic Ideals
- Savile Low
- The Courage to Lead
- Is China Really a Threat to us?
- Workers Of The Right, Unite!
- The Great Experimentalist
- Tales from Terezin
- The Beeb Needs its Mavericks
- Brave New Worlds?
- Terry Eagleton
- One Judge Short of a Supreme Court
- Lift Up Your Hearts and Sing
Popular Standpoint topics